• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
GottaCruz

Enjoy Sunday, Crazies

Rate this topic

It's a gorgeous day here in S. Florida. It's going to be in the 80's today. Everything is pretty calm here today, for those of you who know what I'm talking about. Hope it will continue the rest of the week. I've just got to tell that I toughened up the rules here this week and it seems that the tougher the rules, the better DD is. ONe of the new rules is : no tv, no music, no phone, no anything till 8:00 PM. If she doesn't write down her assignments , then she has to sit there and study something, anything. When I complimented her on working so nicely last week, her response was that she might as well do what she needs to since she can't do anything else. Well, needless to say, some grades went up last week. I aslo stripped her room of most things- told her that since she doesn't care enough for her room to keep it nice, that I will now have control of her room and her stuff. Taking whatever measures I can come up with to let her know that we are in control and make the rules and that she has to live by them while she is in this house. So there!!! By the way, she is still without her doorknob from when I took it off a couple of months ago because she kept locking it all the time. I also told her that if she closes the door all the time, other than when she's getting dressed, I will remove the door too. So there!!! Why is it that the tougher we are with her, the better she is???? Always thought the reverse was true. I am learning so much in my old age!!!! Just wish the counselors we have seen had given me this advice a long time ago rather than waiting for this brain of mine to figure it out. As always, any comments or suggestions are always appreciated.

Sunday. whew what a weekend.. Oscar crap tonight DP is in heaven...Just got our land service back this morning.. lap top was acting up( neighbor has Wireless network) couldnt post yesterday and Friday evening as often as I like..

phone repair showed up yesterday to do repair but floors were not dry was scheduled to show up Sunday guess they were ahead of schedule so he had no access to inside wire.. will be back today ..(I got up early and was able to restore 2 out of three bells myself. so I have access to web again .. I am happy..

Remodel is scheduled to be done by this coming weekend...5 weeks seems like a long time when you move your bedroom to the living room :cry:

All in all it’s a good..

Have a great Sunday Crazies

Its funny GottaCruz, but I think if you get tough they realise your doing it cos you love them & they respect you for it??

I'm stuck in work today - I want to change my car & today would be great for car shopping, thats gonna have to wait til next weekend now as I am in all next week! :rolleyes:

We had a load of snow on Friday but it has been brilliant sunshine ever since so it melted real quick & we aren't expecting any more at the moment - perhaps that was the last lot for this winter (fingers crossed!)

Gotta drive down to deep south Miami-Dade County, today, just short of The Keys. It'll be a nice drive, with a perfect day to have the top down. I'm even contemplating acting like a tourist and taking my shirt off...

Tonight I'm hosting an Academy Award Party.

Can't wait to get back to work, tomorrow, so I can get a little rest....

Happy Sunday, Cheryl, and Cruise Crazies!

It's just a quiet Sunday here in the Northern MidWest! It's 33 degrees; we could use some of that nice Florida weather! Enjoy! :smiley:

Cheryl...I think Karen is right. Hang in there; I think you're doing the right thing.

Joey and David...hope your computer and remodeling problems are all resolved, soon!

Karen...don't work too hard! That car shopping sounds like fun! :smiley:

Jeff...enjoy that nice weather and your Acadamy Awards party!

Have a great day, Cruise Crazies!

Cheryl....Good for you! Stick to your word. I'm so glad it seems to be working.

A cool but nice day here in Pa. Hit the outlet stores today to start shopping for our May cruise. Next time I will leave DH home. LOL

GottaCruz,

Congratulations on making some headway with tough love.

I've always heard that kids love structure and a sense of being protected although they may not act like it sometimes.

But the basic rule is children have to follow the rules of the house as long as they are living under your roof, not matter how old they are. When they get their own place they can do what they want to do.

The relationship will change slightly as your dh gets older and the leash can be lengthened a little but the rules of the house still apply.

Joey, glad to hear that you're back in business again. YOu know, of course, that we miss you when you don't post as often. I really look forward to seeing your remodeling pics.

KarenUK, Got my fingers and toes crossed for you that you 've seen the last of snow for a while.

Jeff, Hope you're having a great time at your party. Your friends couldn't have picked a better host. HOpe you remembered that suntan lotion today.

Shari, I' sending you some of our warm weather. Keep warm.

Maria, Mary Lou, Mebert, Shari and Karen, Thanks so much for your support and encouragement, as always. I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck Cheryl, You will look back in a few years time & see you were just being a good Mum. I know how I treated my Mum in my late teens was appauling but she knew I was just going through a difficult time.

Me & my big mouth - got a load more snow this morning, although none of it stuck so its just cold & slippy now!