• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sort Of A Cruise....

Rate this topic

DaCruzNut

alt text

It doesn't qualify as a 'real' cruise, but I just booked a one-day 'cruise on SeaEscape, with a bunch of friends, for March 19th. At 15,400 grt, and hlding 975 passengers, the ship is tiny, compared to today's giants.

It'll be a nice practice run for my Fascination cruise, two weeks later.

Jeff, it "counts" as a cruise if it's overnight, not if it's just a day trip. In 1973 we had a one night cruise, from Miami to Freeport, on the M.SW. Freeport. That, rather than our Alaska cruise in 1998, was our first cruise.

Will you be cruising overnight or just day tripping? In either case, enjoy!

I'm kind of interested in the west coast Princess repositioning cruises. In the span of about 8 days, I can take 3 different ships. Take one from Vancouver to LA, fly up to Seattle and take another overnight to Vancouver, then a day or 2 later, take another on to LA. My wife thinks thats too much work for what amounts to 7 days. I told her it's the cruising equivalent of an airline frequent flyer milage run. This would still count as 3 Princess cruises, and get us to Platinum status in the Captains Circle. I just wish Princess had these type of cruises on the east coast, but since they have no Canadian base on the east to make short cruises possible, it won't happen.