• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity

Rate this topic

delbankin

Hi to everyone. Just joined up :smiley:

We're from the UK and we are cruising the Mediterranean this summer on board Celebrity Millennium. This will be our first with Celebrity having cruised before with P&O and Cunard. I guess it would be useful to have some of you good folks opinions on what we can expect from Celebrity and Millennium in particular that make them different from others. I have read some recent reports that suggest food isn't what it used to be - that would be disappointing.

I've probably got the font all wrong and probably will post this message in the wrong place but if anybody reads it who can give me some useful feedback I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Delbankin.

Welcome to x, Delbankin.

We've been on one Celebrity cruise, but not on the other lines, so we can't compare. On our cruise on the Celebrity Horizon were some Brits, the Wilsons, who have been on every line imaginable. If they're willing to do so, they can not only tell you about the ships: they can do it from a U.K. perspective. Would you like to have us try to contact them?

Joey of JoeyandDavid is a Celebrity expert, and there are others here as well. Maybe they can make the comparisons you desire.

Joe LOL i would not say expert I will admidt to have researched the Heck out of them and can answer most questions as long as they arent complicated LOL

Hi Delbankin,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies.... I must say that when it comes to food I have nothing but high praise for Celebrity as far asthe food in reguards to taste and presentation and depending on your standards I "think " you will be pleased.

Please accept this as an invitation to post often and ask all the questions you have... together we will find out the answers!!

As it turns out we also are doing the Millennium Itinerary and we are going from Barcelona to Venice on October 29.... when will you guys be sailing.

Welcome again guys

Hi Delbankin...

Welcome to Cruise Crazies!

You are going on my dream cruise! Can I hide in your suitcase? "Just kidding! I'm really trying to save for this exact cruise!

I have been on the sister ship of the Millennium ( the Infinity) and Celebrity is my favorite line of all the lines that I have been on. I think the food and service and entertainment are all great, and the M-class ships are very classy.

I haven't been on the Millennium, but I have heard great reviews of this cruise in particular. The ports are the best ever; I have checked a lot of other lines for Mediterranean cruises, and they don't compare to the ports that this ship takes you to. You get a little bit of France, Spain, a lot of Italy, the Greek Isles, Croatia, and end up overnight in Venice if you start your cruise from Barcelona.

What I have heard, is that it is so port intensive that it can really tire you out. I think there is only one or two sea days and all the rest port days, and the tours all have a lot of walking and climbing, so bring good shoes.

Everyone that I have heard review this cruise has loved it. Some people have gone back and taken this cruise over again. If the food and entertainment and service is as good as on "Infinity," you will love it.

In my opinion, you have the best itinerary for the Mediterranean and a great ship. I have a review of the "Infinity" the sister ship of the "Millie," in the review section. This was a cruise to Hawaii, and I talk a bit about the ship and the food and service, and the rooms. It will give you an idea of what the "Millie" is like.

I think you will love this cruise and ship. Hope you have a fantastic cruise, and I hope you will come back and give us a review!

I have heard from some people that if you want to avoid the heat and the crowds at the museums, etc., the best time to go is late May or the first part of June or in the fall, but people have loved going in the summer, too! You probably already know this, but if you tour the Vatican or other churches, you are asked to not wear shorts or tank tops. Hope some of this helps. If you have any other questions, I will be glad to help if I can.

Welcome aboard!

We have done fifteen or so Celebrity cruises and will try and answer any questions you may have.

We started sailing with them on the Inagural of the Zenith and find them to be an outstand cruise line.

The food is great to put your mind at ease on that score. In general, they do an outstanding job. Lots of very nice touches that I think you will enjoy.

BTW. I spent a couple of years in living in London. Where in the UK do you call home??

Thanks for replies. We're looking forward to our cruise already even tho' it is still almost 3 months away.

Some say the atmosphere etc is less formal on Celebrity ships. Does this mean there is less of an expectation to see people in tuxedos and formal dresses etc on the formal nights?

Celebrity certainly sounds great! We can't wait to experience things for ourselves. On our last cruises we met quite a few folk from USA and Canada which made it more enjoyable than having only fellow Brits on board. Will there be a reasonable mix between nationalities on a "Millie" Med cruise in summer ?

Delbankin

Our Med. cruise was on Windstar, not Celebrity; but it had a much higher percentage of people from Europe (and, for some reason, Japan and Australia) than on cruises closer to the U.S. That's normally true for cruises in Europe, even on U.S.-oriented ships.

As Shari points out, the itinerary can be exhausting if you don't pace yourself. If there are any ports that are far from big cities (such as Livorno, for Florence, or Civittavecchia for Rome), you may be best off sticking to the port, or places near the port. If you want to see Rome, it's a short plane ride from the UK, and might best be left for a separate trip.

(For us Yanks, it's different: Rome is such a long plane ride from here that we'll exhaust ourselves to get there from the ship.)