New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyandDavid

Remodel

Rate this topic

Here are some pictures of the remodel in progress.. over the next couple days i will try and get the finished product.. uploaded for your viewing..

I am sorry it took so long to get these up.. just my plate is a bit full recently.

I will say.. I do believe We got our monies worth

http://photobucket.com/albums/c134/joeyanddavid/Remodel/ :grin:

It looks great Joey...I love the tile in the bathroom, and the closet. Obviously you didn't go with One Day Bath! Have you been doing this yourself, or did you get someone in to do it? Our next project is probably to re-do our bathroom.

No chris we had that option .. I for one hate things that have moving parts..moving parts break.. so we just opted for a cast iron tub

It looks great, Joey and David! Congratulations!

I'm sure you're glad to have it done! It's no fun when things are torn apart.

We had our entire basement made into a great room with a sunken spa and a bar around 21 years ago. I was home while it was done, and it was not fun listening to all the drilling and having dust settling everywhere and having workers coming and going all the time. They had to knock out part of the basement wall to get the acrylic spa and a player piano of ours in. They did it in three months, though, so it was on schedule. It has been sooo worth it with our large families. Our main floor is just an older 3 bedroom rambler, but the downstairs is nice.

Our first home, a tiny thing, we pretty much gutted it and redid the whole thing...ourselves. The worst parts were not being able to cook and eat in the kitchen for 6 months... and the wiring.

Joey they did a great job. It sure is exhausting to watch but of course the waiting for it to be done is harder!

My husband is a builder and in 2000 we built our house (3200sq ft) basically on the weekends when we had time. It took us 1 1/2 years to finish. I had gone back to college full time and he was working. We lived in a trailer with no water or sewer, next to my brother's house. :tongue: Boy was it a pain to walk around the house in 2 feet of snow at 2 am to go to the bathroom. It was so cold it would take me an hour to warm up and get back to sleep...didn't get a lot of that during that time. I don't think I ever want to build another house. I think I still have splinters in my butt from sliding across the plywood decks to nail it down!!!!! We had to shovel 5ft deep and 26' x 26' of pea gravel into the garage area to bring it up to the level of the house....oh our aching backs!

But it is a beautiful house and we can say we put every nail, screw, and wire into this place!!!

Micki

Excellent job! I'm sure that after all that work, the tub is even more inviting than it looks. :smiley:

Congratulations!