• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

What have you done this weekend?

Rate this topic

I spent the weekend in the sun....Friday I was at the Ft Lauderdale beach all day, which was packed with tons of spring breakers. Saturday I was in my hammock all day, and I also helped dad with some yardwork. Right now I'm in my hammock once again, soaking up some more sun and working on my tan.

What have you done this weekend?

Jason, sounds like a great weekend!

We had a busy day yesterday, starting with our son's bowling league on Saturday morning. Then, we went into town and had lunch with friends in Chinatown, followed by a visit to a huge department store that is going out of business. I got a $115 outfit for $23. New formal night wear. :smiley:

Today was major clean-up day. We admit to being packrats, but there comes a point where we have to part with some of our stuff. We've been doing this on and off for the past few months, yet we are just about finished. It's a good feeling to get rid of boxes that are cluttering up our closets. Now, I can replace them with more clothing and shoes, lol.

We had two of our four grandkids. (5 and 10). They help us clean on Sat., they worked so hard (without asking)! Made homemade pizzas and watched movies. Sunday we played a few games and then went to Red Lobster with them and delivered them home. Boy, am I pooped. Now I know why my mom said that it was best to have kids when you're young! :grin:

Almost over, but not quite!

Friday night, was the "usual," services at temple and Tropics piano bar afterward.

Yesterday, Browie took me to the Dade County fair, and I had my fill of cotton candy, a candy apple and an elephant ear. Looks like salads all this week...

Today, we went on the day cruise, and had a great time! Buffet breakfast, with a Mimosa fountain..as we pulled out of Port Everglades Lots of entertainment, and some pecial acts brought on board just for today's gay cruise. The sit down lunch was excellent.

Just being out on the ocean, on a perfect, sunny 82 degree day, was a great prelude to my "real" cruise in 2 weeks.

As I said, almost over....but, not quite.

Going out in about 1/2 hour to Chardee's, my 2nd favorite piano bar.

Let's see - nowhere near warm enought to sit outside in a hammock and work on a tan here! lol So, I slept in late both days, did laundry, grocery shopping, some cleaning and watching the NCAA tourney and other stuff................anxiously awaiting The West Wing tonight. I know the show ends this year and I may not agree with it politically much of the time, but I just love the characters on the show and finally two of them are finally getting together (slowly but surely......)

And that is my weekend and even though I wish I had been on a cruise it was overall pretty relaxing.

Sounds like everyone had interesting weekends. Friday night I made corned beef and cabbage and potatoes and we had some company here. Last night we went out to dinner with some friends. Today has been a restful Sunday.

Here is a stupid question for you (referring to your signature)....what exactly is an open booking? Is that just referring to one that hasn't hit final payment yet? I would love to book something for 2008 when we're on Celebrity Dec 2006.

Techno, No such thing as a stupid question here. If you don't get your response in this thread, , I suggest posting this question in a new topic and I 'm positive you'll get your response. :cool: