New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Happy Spring Everyone!!

Rate this topic

As the song goes, "welcome, sweet springtime, we greet thee in song."

I agree with Mebert that it doesn't feel like spring today in the NY area. The first half of my walk this morning was directly into the west wind, and it was so cold that I needed gloves. That's a rarety for someone who doesn't need them when it's 15 degrees with no wind; but it was very windy today.

Nonetheless, if the vernal equinox is here, spring weather can't be far behind! Spring, the favorite season of both of us!

They are saying this was our warmest winter on record. They must be referring to the strict winter season (Dec 20 to Mar 20) and not taking into account the weather we had for the 4 or 5 weeks before Christmas. People have been saying how lucky we have been this winter, since we haven't had much snow. I think these people forget the 4 consecutive Thursdays we had snowstorms leading up to Christmas. Sure it hasn't been bad since Christmas, and I sure enjoyed wearing shorts and a golf shirt when we left for our cruise on Jan 20.

I count winter as when golf courses are closed. Golf season basically ended around the middle of November, when it usually goes into December, and only one is open right now, and it's open year round anyway. Usually we have a few opening up by mid-March. Sounds like a long winter to me LOL.

It's still pretty chilly here in Minnesota, with lots of snow on the ground, but I did some spring cleaning today. Does that count? LOL

It'll warm up pretty soon! Happy Spring, Jason, and Cruise Crazies!

matchstickxx...hope you don't get snowed in! Take Care and stay safe!

Thank you. Happy Spring to all of you too. It's only in the 20's here in O-HI-O with a couple inches of snow predicted. Oh Well! We gotta' have the bad before we can appreciate the good!

alt text, alt text