New Features: Member Referral Links, Top Posters, Member of the Month!

Read more here

• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Tut

I'm ba-a-a-a-ack!!!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. Here I am again. Would you believe? After all this time I'm able to sign on again. I got this nice e-mail from Jason (not personally but a nice one none-the-less) saying "if you haven't visited us lately, etc." and I thought "What the heck". I had to reset my password but here I am...

I can't believe I was able to get in. As you probably know, I kept getting this message and I wasn't able to log in.

How is everyone doing? I'm sure there are some changes in all your lives. Anyone cruising? We're planning on a small Nassau cruise in May. Just a three day one with a couple of days in Florida. A few more vacations - one to California and another one to Florida during the Christmas holidays.

I hope you all have a great day and please say "hi". I missed everyone.

Hi, Sue, I can't believe it. What changed with your computer that you can log in now? Whatever it is , I 'm so glad. We really missed you and all your posts and photos. I hope that, whatever was keeping you from logging in here is in the past and never happens again. Big hugs , Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. I have no idea what the problem was. I kept trying every couple of weeks and still getting that same old message. Whatever it was, I'm glad it's gone and I hope it never comes back. It was so strange.

As you can see, I have a lot of catching up to do. I was on my way to 500 and got stopped dead. Lotta' posting to do.... :grin:

Welcome back Sue!! I hope your computer continues to allow you to stay here with us...we've missed you!

P.S. I love your avatar

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to be back too.

Thanks Jason. As you probably remember, it'll be changed again. There are so many great ones out there, I can't seem to stick with just one.

Hi Sue!

It's so nice to have you back! I'm glad your computer let you log in this time. I had that happen to me on another site once, and I eventually had to rejoin and lose my past starting date and posts. Don't know why that happens.

Hi - yes one cruise "mis"adventure is more like it. We were suppose to cruie out of New Orleans last Sept. but unfortunately for all those people in New Orleans, the hurricane hit. Next port sailing out of - Galveston, TX. Yep! Another hurricane hit. Our 40th anniversary cruise was starting to look a little tattered around the edges. Not to take anything away from those poor people in the path of both hurricanes.

We waited and changed airlines, car rental, etc. 3 times and finally we were notified that we would still be sailing out of Galveston but the 7 day cruise was now only a five and the ports were changed. Ok. I can live with that. Refunded our money for the two days we didn't get to go and off we went to Galveston.

Got to the airport and no limosine. Called and was told no one was able to get in so we would have to find another way from the airport to the port. No problem. Rented a car for one day, which costs twice what we've paid before for a whole week and, finally, got to our hotel (booked on line) to find out that they had no roof so, obviously, did not get our reservation. Fortunately, there was another hotel a little ways from that one that only had minor damage so we were able to check into that one.

On to the ship the next morning. Dropped off our rental car and hired a taxi to take us to the port. Not bad. $17.00 for a five minute ride. Kept the meter running all while my husband was in with the car rental people. Normal? Don't really know never having been in a situation like this before. Just thought this was a bit excessive but, hey, when in Rome....

Got to the port - no one there to run the computers to check people in. Hm-m-m. Now what. Oh, I know! Fly in other people from the other cruise ship to learn how to use our computers and check the people in. Finally, around 2:00 or so, we were able to board. (Had been there since 10 that morning.)

The rest of the cruise went well with the exception that our card didn't work and the ATM machine was totally out of money - because the cards didn't work!!

The thing that annoyed us the most was that we stuck with them thru everything. Never cancelling, never complaining, always willing to do what was suggested and they had the nerve to offer the Texas residents rooms from $99 to $149 to fill up the ship. Nothing was ever offered to the poor suckers who stayed with them thru thick and thin. Not upset with any Texans whatsoever. If that had been me, I would have jumped at the chance to book a cruise at those prices. We were very upset with the cruise line. Am I being petty? They could have at least offered us an upgrade then offered the balance of the rooms to the Texans. They still would have made money and everyone would have been happy.

As it is, we will probably never sail on that particular cruise line again. And a number of people who stuck with them and got the same treatment, were saying the same thing.

My husband did talk to someone who had the authority to make something like that happen and he was told "If you buy something at full price, then the item goes on sale a week later, you can't get it for the sale price". Really! How many times has anyone done that? I know I have and the stores are very accomodating.

Long I know. If you don't want to read it, that's fine (too late now, you're already at the bottom :smiley: )

Really looking forward to this next cruise. Can't wait for May. Hasn't soured us on cruising - just on that particular cruise line.