• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Formal night on 3-day cruise??

Rate this topic

Tut

Hi - we're going on the Royal Caribbean in May on a 3-day cruise and I was looking at the FAQ's on their web site. The question was "what to wear" and it stated that for a 3 or 4 day cruise, there was 1 formal night. Who has gone on the RCC? Is this true for a 3-day cruise? I really hadn't planned on bringing any formal clothes. We've been on quite a few 3-day cruises and this is the first one that says there's 1 formal night. Any insight on this? Really looking foward to the cruise but don't really want to dress up for dinner. You know what I mean? 3 days isn't enough time for me to get out of my "laid back" mode. I know there are other alternatives to dinning room dinners but we'd like to eat there every night. If it means dressing formal, we will but I'd really rather not.

There is indeed one formal night on RCCL 3-5 night cruises. Even 2 night cruises to nowhere often have one formal night. You can get by fine on formal night with a suit and tie and a coctail dress. You don't need tuxedos and formal dresses.

Tut, I've never sailed RCCL but on Carnival, we've done the 3 night cruise many times. The second night aboard is always formal night. Is it the second night on RCCL too.?

By the way, you're almost at your 500 posts. Looking forward to congratulating you on that.

Well. I guess there's nothing for it. I'll have to get gussied up. Not that I mind because my sister got me a real nice shawl for Christmas that will be perfect. Also, my daughter-in-law knitted me a dressy little scarf which will work perfectly too. See, all my whining for nothing..... alt text