• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas

Rate this topic

Jason

Chris (LifeIsCruising) has submitted his review of his recent Sovereign of the Seas cruise. Thanks Chris!! Here are some of the details from his review:

Sail Date: 03/05/2006

Itinerary: Bahamas

Entertainment: Good

Service: Very Good

Cabin: Very Good

Food: Very Good

Overall: Very Good

Be sure to check out this great review!

LifeisCruising, Thanks for a great review! My DH and I will be on Sovereign May15-May 19 and it is our first cruise. We are very excited and have wondered if we chose the right ship. Your review reaffirmed that we did and that we will most likely have a great time. Thank you again.

Tammyindy

Thanks for the review, Chris. We've missed you...

Apparently, RCI has finally gotten its act together. I sailed on the Sovereign twice. After the first sailing, I swore I'd never go on her again. Several years later, I broke that oath, and, boy, was I sorry. My second trip was as disappointing as the first!

I found the food to be of poor quality in all venues; dining rooms and buffets, with only the service being worse. In fact, I can't think of one line that had worse food, including Premier and the "old" Carnival.

The entertainment was only mildly entertaining and the production shows lacking in enthusiasm.

Funny (strange) because Celebrity, owned by RCI, is one of my favorites.

LifeIsCruising,

Thank you for the very informative and humorous review.

I couldn't figure out if you were happy or not with the inside cabin.

I'm very interested in that topic because I can get very claustrophobic sometimes. I think I would spend much more time outside of the cabin.

Did you like the inside cabin?

thanks for the review, i'll be sailing her July 21st - 24th. Makes me feel a bit better about my choice of ship. Since this is our first cruise and will guage future ones. Im just not comfortable with the date i picked to go (PLEASE GOD no hurricanes in july this year) but thats what happens when your taking your girlfriend on her college graduation trip... you have to deal with the schools time frame.