• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Deals Alerts - Do They Exist?

Rate this topic

TravelBug

If you have a Yahoo e-mail account, you can set up some alerts there. Aslo, there's a download for Southwest airlines that is called "Ding" and it gives you some great airfares if you book almost immediately, as soon as you get "dinged".

Here's the web site to download it from

http://www.southwest.com/ding/

We've never used it but from what I've seen, some of the fares are unbelievable.

I don't know how I wound up on Carnival's e-mail list. I don't know if it's because I'm a multiple past passenger, or I signed up on their site, or what, but I, regularly, get e-mails from Carnival with 'last minute deals.' In fact, out of sheer coincidence, I got one today. Stupid, because I'm scheduled for a Carnival cruise in less than 2 weeks. But, anyway, it was an excellent deal. You might want to check carnival.com to see if there's some way to sign up for these specials.

What we find interesting is that we can't seem to avoid notices of bargains. We get them from cruise lines (HAL, Celebrity, Windstar, Regal, Oceanea, Royal Carib., one or two others), online cruise discounters, general travel discounters, and cruise boards (including this one). Our next cruise, 5/13 on the Zenith to Bermuda, came about as the result of an email from a cruise discounter (but we ended up getting a better deal from a different discounter).

I guess you need to get on some more email lists.