• Create an account or sign in to get involved

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
hazelson

Gallstones?

Rate this topic

Anybody had them? The doc thinks I've got gallstones - the unmitigated gall of the woman!!!

I had a couple of bouts before we went on the cruise - and, fortunately - nothing while away - but getting them on a regular basis now I'm home. Think "someone is telling me something"? Like I need to live on a cruise ship - yeahh!!! Hard to take.

Seriously though - it is a pain in the ..... upper right abdomen and upper back - and now I can't eat the good stuff - you know with the "F" word in it. No fat - means no cheese, no ice cream, no doughnuts, no creme brulee!!!! No point in living ....... skim milk and white rice - yum!!!

Any suggestions?

Yep, know that gallstone pain well! It is one of the worst pains I've ever had, including labor. The pain in the abdomen and across my shoulders was excruciating. When it started impacting my everyday life, my doctor said it was time for my gallbladder to come out...and it was the best thing I could have done. The surgery was on a Monday, out-patient, and they do it laparoscopically. I only had 4 tiny incisions, and I do mean tiny, only needed about 3 stitches in each one. I was home within 4 hours, and by Friday, I felt good enough to go to the grocery store with my husband and walk through the store. When I went to the surgeon the following Monday, for my one week checkup, I could not believe that I was already feeling 100%!! So...instead of having the gallstones impact you everyday, take one week out of your life, have your gallbladder removed...then you can eat all the good stuff again!! I also now have a little pill bottle filled with some of my gallstones! I hope this has helped. If you have any questions, just ask. Keep us informed!

Dawn

Although my recovery was a little longer than Dawn's, I too am much happier without my gallbladder. Within a couple of days, I felt better than I had in a long time. After a couple of weeks I was almost back to "normal". Who needs all of that pain, nausea and reflux?

I had a HIDA scan to finally diagnose my gallbladder disease. Is your doctor running any tests to confirm you have gallstones?

I hope you're feelig better soon.

hazelson,

I'm sorry to learn that you're in distress. I hope your doctor is able to do something to alleviate your pain.

It's always helpful to have friends like the Cruise Crazies above who can emphasize with what you're going through.

ewwww im sorry u cant enjoy food right now.......if you trust your doctor then I say go for it.....I know u dont want to feel like this all the time....

hugs

Jenn, I'm so sorry to hear what's going on. No fat? Surgery sounds like the lesser of the two evils. Sending big hugs to you. I hope you are feeling better soon. We've been missing you a lot lately.I am glad that you were fine while cruising. Yup - certainly sounds like you need to get back on the ship. Big hugs to you. alt text