• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity Cruise Ship Dining

Rate this topic

delbankin

Hi,

We're due on Millennium in summer crusing around Europe. A couple of questions folks might be able to help out with:

We seem to be on a wait list for late dining even although we booked early. We've never had this before as we've always managed to have confirmation of our chosen option. How does this work? When do we get to know if we've been successful with our choice?

Also anyone been on recent Celebrity cruise to comment on quality of food?. Recent posts in various places seem to suggest their style of food doesn't suit a lot of folk.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Regards

Del.

We have sailed Celebrity many times and the food is outstanding! Not to worry. Of course, this is subjective, everyone has their own taste.

If you do not get late seating by the time you board, go to the dining room and see the Matrie'd as soon as you board the ship. If their is a spot they will move you.

Late seating is very popular especially in Europe where people are ashore on excursions almost daily and want time to rest, shower, etc. before going to dinner.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi delbankin,

We are also doing the Millennium for the Mediterranean later this year ..we will be sailing in October from Barcelona to Venice. ( we booked this May 05)

Late seating is preferred I think on this Itinerary just because in Europe “everyone eats late†LOL What The skipper says is correct.

In your stateroom there will be a card with your table assignment and dinning time.

If you are not happy with the choice; I would suggest like the skipper said, get to the Matrie'd and see what if anything can be done....

One other suggestion I have and I do myself....Call Celebrity directly and plead your case...

Celebrity has long been known for the wonderful food. I can attest to the cold soups.. OMG they are wonderful.

If there is something special you would like there is a good chance you can get it on board with a little notice to the Matrie'd! My DP could have had escargot every night for an appetizer if he wanted.. many people had shrimp cocktails every evening in addition to other choices on the menu.

I think you will be pleased with the dinning experience no matter late or early seating.

Here is our review of the Century which was our first Celebrity Cruise

http://www.cruisecrazies.com/reviews/celeb...ry/review=1.php

As a matter of fact Del........ Visit our panama canal page (link is in my signature) and you will see about 5 or so pdf files that contain Celebrity menus..

feel free to print save whatever you want.

Hope that helps some :grin:

We're early birds, and our only cruise in Europe was on a ship, the Wind Surf, that had open seating, with dinner starting at 7:30. That was very late for us, but we ate lots of bar food until it was time to eat. We've also had trouble oon our many (approx. 40 for Joe, 10 for Joan) land trips to Europe--dining hours are much too late for us. Based on our experience, it's safe to say that most Europeans do eat late.

Keep trying for your preferred sitting, and maybe you'll get it. If not, you'll probably be back to the ship in time for early dining on several days. On the other days, make do with the alternate restaurants and room service. Good luck!

Hi Delbankin...

I'm not sure how they have gotten you on a wait list for late seating if you booked early seating, but like the others say you can talk to your travel agent and have him/her try to get you the early, or you can call Celebrity, or you can see your Maitre d' as soon as you board the ship. Usually it's easier to get the early seating on the Mediterranean cruises.

As the others have stated the late dining is most popular on the Mediterranean cruises because most Europeans eat late, and also you have more time for your tours without rushing back to change for dinner on the late.

I would think that it would be easier to get into the early seating, but it all depends on the people on your cruise. Every cruise can be different depending on the people. Don't worry about the food. I've been on three Celebrity cruises and the food has always been excellent. Celebrity still has the best food of all the premium mass market ships.

I would sure love to hear a review on your cruise when you return!

Whoops! Looking back on your post I see that you do want late seating. I thought you wanted early, but, I would still do the same things as everyone else suggests. Talk to TA and call Celebrity and talk to Maitre d' when you board the ship if you haven't been confirmed yet for late seating. Late seating on the Med cruises are very popular, so if you aren't confirmed and have to go to the maitre d' the day of embarkation it might help to slip him a tip.