• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity Relases European Itinerary

Rate this topic

Thanks, Joey!

I see that "Millennium" has cruises on the 12-night Mediterranean only up till August 17 next year. If I want to go in 2007, I had better talk hubby into going either in May or the first part of June. I wonder if she's going into dry-dock after the August cruises. I'm really interested in seeing how you like your cruise in October. I hope you take lots of pictures and write a review on the best tours, etc.

Thanks, Joey. Don't panic, Shari. This is obviously only partial information, with one ship and no prices. Presumably more info will be coming soon.

5/3 is a bit early for our cruise window, and 12 days in Europe, plus the time getting there and back, is more than we can fit in. Let's hope they have some shorter cruises. However, based on past years, that seems unlikely.

Thanks, Joey!!!

Thanks Joan and Joe; you are probably right. I didn't think of that. There is a 10-day cruise there, but for me, I like the 12-night on the Millennium because it has the perfect ports. It has a little bit of everything. It will be very tiring, though, so I'd better keep working on getting in shape, and also work on getting my courage up for those long flights. LOL Of course I also have to work on hubby to pay the bill. LOL

Go for it, Shari--but be sure you also consider other cruise lines (unless you're an "X and nothing else" fan), such as HAL, Windstar, Princess, RCCL, etc.

I've been to Europe on business a lot (about 3 dozen times), and been there with Joan close to 10 times; but, with one exception, we never had more time than "a week plus a weekend". Our one cruise was in a year when almost all of my vacation got cancelled, and we had to use up more than two weeks of time. We'll probably not be able to take two full weeks until I retire (hopefully about 5 years); so the long X itineraries (and most others) are out of the question for now. Oddly enough, with all of those trips to Europe, I've only been to the Caribbean 6 times (4 on business), and Joan has only been there once (and that had 1 day at a Caribbean port, 5 in Central America). Since our cruise windows of May, June, and November are not during the main Caribbean season, that won't change much.

Joe, I would definitely consider any of those lines, but I have already checked them out, (except Windstar) and the only one I can find doing all the ports that I really want to see is the "Millennium." Celebrity is my favorite line, but I haven't tried the others that you mentioned, so if they offered an itinerary like the "Millie" has, I would sure consider it. I figure that we may never get another chance to go back, so I'd like to see as much of the Mediterranean/European area that I can.

Hope you can find some nice cruises in the time frame that you have. It sounds like some nice sunny Caribbean cruises are in order. May and November would still be good times for the Caribbean, I think.

Everything in moderation, Shari (and Joey as well). This may be a once in a lifetime chance to go to the Med.; but it's also a once in a lifetime chace to live the Mediterranean lifestyle. By that I mean relaxed and laid back. The cruise lines schedule back to back days at Livorno and Civittavecchia, and it's a temptation to go to Florence from Livorno and Rome from Civittavecchia. If you do it, you'll barely skim the surface of both cities, and you'll be exhausted. Do, at most, one or the other.

Those itineraries are very port intensive, and you can get exhausted if you try to do everything. Relaxation, rather than collecting cities, is the point of a vacation. (Sorry to sound preachy, but I've seen too many people develop a dislike for cruising because they try to do too much.)

As for the Caribbean, we're doing a later than usual trip on 11/25 this year, my first vacation ever (including when I was a kid) between Thanksgiving and April 15th. CPA son of a CPA. We'll see how we like the Noordam, which has 500 PAX (1,918) more than the largest ship on which we've ever sailed. For the lines that we would sail on (Celebrity, HAL, Regent, Windstar, Sea Dream, Seabourn, and Silversea), the Noordam is the ONLY ship that sails to the Caribbean in 2006 during our normal time frame of mid-May to late June (excluding Memorial Day) and the second and third weeks of November.