• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Speaking of the Brooklyn pier...

Rate this topic

Joanandjoe

Crown Princess Breezes Through First Sea Trials

Princess' 113,000-ton Crown Princess, scheduled to launch this June, completed its first round of sea trials on March 9.

Sea trials, a series of tests that gauge the operating efficiency of a vessel's equipment and engines, are the first major "outings" for a cruise ship. Crown Princess aced the early tests of its maneuvering and propulsion machinery after leaving its construction dock at Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard for the first time.

Crown Princess will depart on its maiden voyage on June 14, launching a series of nine-day Caribbean sailings from its homeport in New York -- the brand-new cruise terminal in Red Hook, Brooklyn. In the fall, the ship will relocate to San Juan for a season of Southern Caribbean itineraries.

That's very good news. We're on the third cruise, and it's always been in the back of my mind that if there are any problems, we may be cancelled. I know the chances are slim, but I still think about it.

Howard,

Don't think you need to worry about a cancellation of your trip on the Crown. :wink:

We will be a few weeks behind you and are really looking forward to sailing on this new beauty.

We sailed the "old" Crown three times over the years. Including a Northern European Cuise right after she was taken over by Princess from Sitmar.