• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

USA. Radisson Seven Seas gets top rating

Rate this topic

Jason

USA. Radisson Seven Seas gets top rating, from high net worth clients, in Luxury Institute survey

According to the new Cruise Lines Luxury Customer Experience Index survey (LCEI), from the New York-based Luxury Institute, Radisson Seven Seas (recently renamed Regent Seven Seas to match its sister luxury hotel brand), was rated best in delivering customer experience by its wealthy customers. Disney Cruise Lines and Celebrity Cruises rated second and third, respectively.

High net worth customers rated 11 of America's largest cruise line brands based on their direct individual experiences. These included: Carnival Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Crystal Cruises, Cunard Line, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Radisson Seven Seas Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and Windstar Cruises.

"The voice of its own wealthy consumers validates the recent move to change the name from Radisson, a mainstream brand, to Regent, a luxury brand," said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. "This was a rare brand whose experience far exceeded its legacy name. The experience delivered by the new Regent Seven Seas was rated best by high net worth customers who have experience with the brand. It is the cruise line that best meets the needs of its wealthy clientele, has the best attitude, as measured by the enthusiasm, courtesy and trustworthiness of employees, and best responds to questions or problems needing resolution. Consequently, the brand was rated by customers most worthy of a significant price premium, and rated tops in the critical retention and customer referral metrics."

As the trusted Voice of America's High Net Worth consumers, the Luxury Institute is the pioneer in developing objective, independent customer-centric performance metrics for the luxury goods and services industry. The new Luxury Customer Experience Index survey (LCEI) complements the Luxury Institute's reputation survey (Luxury Brand Status Index survey-LBSI). For the luxury cruise lines LCEI, the Luxury Institute surveyed a nationally representative statistical sample of more than 2,000 households with a median income of $296K in gross annual income and median net worth of $1.8 million (including home equity).

Source: Bymnws

Although we are definitely not high net worth individuals, we have sailed on Radisson/Regent, in the lowest category on a two for one, and found it to be wonderful. Definitely a cut above the others on the list. Windstar was also great, and Celebrity and HAL were pretty good.

To be fair, however, Cunard is the only line that is trying to compete with Radissoin. The real competition is Seabourn, Crystal, Sea Dream, and Silversea. It would have been interesting to see how Regent compared with those lines.

It's going to take a while before I can sail Regent Seven Seas. When I look at their brochures the people pictured have on casual wear that looks like my formal wear. I would really stick out like a sore thumb. One day I'll get to cruise a luxury line when they have a special and I can get my casual wardrobe together. :grin: :grin:

Your comment cracked me up, Mebert, and here's why. On our last three cruises (two on Windstar, one on Radisson) there were NO formal nights. One of our concerns about our upcoming Zenith and Noordam cruises is that we'll be uncomfortable on X or HAL having to dress up. I haven't worn a suit on a ship in more than two years. And here you are, placing a post about how you're afraid you don't have the wardrobe for Regent. Of course you do! What you don't have (I suspect) is the body or the wardrobe of the "mature" models who pose for the Regent ads.

Few people wear jeans to meals on Regent; but then, few do on X or HAL.