• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

"Must buys" in ports.

Rate this topic

zebra

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Alaska, Send hubby salmon fishing and then have that specific salmon smoked and canned, and shipped back home.

In Ensenada, Mexico, shop in the little stained glass window store, and bring home another one for my greenhouse window.

Mary, we were in Lisbon last year, they make the most beautiful lace tablecloths! Also in South Africa, they sell them on the side on the road with other curios like hand carved animals and masks and soapstone carvings - that's quite a bit further to travel for a tablecloth.

We are spur of the moment buyers and don't really plan anything. We once bought a tiger in Puerto Vallarta, not sure why. Might be because it wasn't made in China. We have all kinds of "stuff" laying around the house we've purchased while on a cruise. We also buy spur of the moment for our grand kids. On our Alaska cruise we found genuine Indian crafted Eskimo dolls and bought 8 of them for our grand daughters. They were about the only thing we found that wasn't from China.

Keith I just started buying Island Dolls for our grandaughters on our last cruise and will continue to collect them for them. At first the women wanted $15 a piece for them and I didn't think they were worth that so I started to walk away and suddenly she was offering them to me, two for $13. (St. Lucia) These rag dolls are easy to pack as well.