• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Calling all Alaska lovers.

Rate this topic

zebra

The best part of our Alaska cruise for me was doing the white water rafting down the Mendenhall Glacier, seeing the Bald Eagles up close. We'll be doing it again in August on our next cruise.

I think hubby would have to say salmon fishing. He's doing that again too. I am not brave (or stupid enough) to spend the entire day on a small boat, hanging over the side. There isn't enough Bonine in the world to get me on a small boat! (wait! I'm going rafting...LOL!THAT'S A SMALL BOAT!<]) I think it's the motion of just sitting around looking for fish that gets to me, rather than when we keep moving.

No, we flew to Anchorage and took the train to Seward.

Also enjoyed the Alaska Raptor Center in Sitka. You get to see the eagles and owls really close up.

The Whitepass Rail was an interesting ride. I read Michener's Alaska before we left and it really gave you a great impression of the hardships on the Trail of '98.

My favorite thing about Alaska was our whale watch. I have never seen anything like the things I saw on that excursion. The next best thing was just watching the incredible scenery go by, :grin:

Other than the spectacular scenery and wildlife I must say we had a blast fishing in Ketchikan. When we were d one fishing our guide took us to a private island where they had a kitchen set up and cooked our catch - plus blueberry pie and hot chocolate, what a day!!!!