• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Just Joining You

Rate this topic

Hi All,

I've enjoyed reading your postings and getting to know many of you from afar. We are Jerry and Gail from Philadelphia Pa suburbs. Arriving in Barcelona on October 26 and staying at the Abba Rambla Hotel.

I just took note of the posting about a senior discount and called Celebrity because my TA is currently "resting". Celebrity told me the discount was for inside cabins only. Please advise me if the information they gave me was incorrect.

Also, I've done some research about taking the train into Florence and Rome and have schedule info if anyone needs it.

Does anyone have info about car rental in Santorini or is the bus best?

The issue about the water taxi in Venice is troubling. I don't want to shell out $30 per person for Celebrity transportation to the airport day of disembarkation. I know there is the #5 bus to the airport from Piazzale Roma. But how does one get from the port to Piazzale Roma. I understand the Alilaguna goes from the port to P. Roma Is this the water taxi currently being referred to?

Thanks for any assistance that can be given. Looking forward to meeting many of you soon.

Gail[/font]

Gail

We are also from suburban Philadelphia but we and our friends are taking a flight on the evening of the 26th and will arrive in Barcelona on the morning of the 27th. We are joining others for tours of Florence and Rome but are probably going everywhere else on our own. Check out our cruise thread there is a great deal of information that may help you.