• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What about EasyCruise?

Rate this topic

Mebert

I have been looking at the EasyCruise website and am having difficulty appreciating the concept. The price is great, but you don't seem to get much for the base price. You can pay extra to have someone clean your room and get fresh towels.

I know EasyCruise is marketed for young people but I'm willing to try any type of cruise once if I feel I'll appreciate it. I'm just a little spoiled when it comes to having a cabin steward to do my room, 24 hours of food, a few different lounges to pass the time, and spectacular shows. I don't know what I'll find ashore on my own. If I don't like a particular dish ashore I can't easily ask for something else.

Can someone convince me to try EasyCruise?

Sorry Mebert, but I don't think I could talk you into it.

I have never been on EasyCruise but from reports I have gotten it doesn't sound good. The old adage may apply 'you get what you pay for'. You may get a good price but you are getting a rather bare bones cruise. Have you looked at their site. They show the cabins and they look beyond tacky. I just can't see myself booking on them. Some other crazie may have sailed them and might offer some different views. I would also like to hear from other folks on this.

Cheers

Tim

I've read about it, but that's not what I'm looking for in a cruise. We love the sea days at least as much as the port days, if not more. I really don't think that it would be the same on an EasyCruise cruise. It's not for me.

I agree with all of my crazy friends here - definitely not what I am looking for in a cruise. If I want to make my own bed and clean my own bathroom, I will stay home. I like being pampered and also love the concept of all your food being included - that way I can try new things and if I don't like them, nothing lost. Actually, I have never heard of EasyCruise before I read this thread but it is not something I would even look into. Let us now what you decide...

Well I know it's run by the people who operate Easyjet a UK no frills airline. I believe you must stay at least 2 days on the ship. You pay for virtually everything! Apparently it is catching on with the younger folk especially the Brits. I would not recommend this type of cruise for the over 30's especially if you are used to any kind of service aboard.It is cheap but I don't think it's worth it.

Regards,

James.