• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hi

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone! I'm new and apparently terrible at all this posting business. LOL. Just wondering if anyone has ideas on how the heck we are suppoed to pack ball gowns and dresses??? LOL. They're gonna get wrinkly! Also on casual nights, does dress pants and a blouse fit the bill..??

Worried as we haven't booked any tours yet? seeing that most are sold out. my boyfriend is still away on business so we haven't fully decided. OH NO!

Yes Joey and David I did post on the other board by accident.

I'm a fool at this, and I LOVE IT!

Any advice for a new person?????

Frank and I are lost?

Hopelessly waiting to go, but nervous, from Canada

Terri

Ps. Thanks in advance. And I don't know if this is proper but I have not received my 'docs' yet either. Is docs the booklet stuff????

SOOO LOST

Hi Terri I will try and help where i can..... no matter what you may hear I know nothing of Ball Gowns... :grin:

Excellent choice

PS. Thanks in advance. And I don't know if this is proper but I have not received my 'docs' yet either. Is docs the booklet stuff????

Yes booklet that contains luggage tags are your documents...

joey

PS you aint lost .. you headed in the right direction! :wink:

Terri, Please feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. That's what we're here for. I used to pack gowns and long dresses in a garment bag. However, I discovered that if the fabric is not too crinkly, I can just pile a few on top of each other and roll them and they're fine.

• 2 months later...

TFGoodtime,

My wife and I pack our stuff in like a combo garment bag/suitcase...I'm sure it has some sort of name :huh:

But in case things do get wrinkled I have 2 suggestions;actually 3 but the third involves paying too much money (the wrinkles can be taken out by the cruise ship...)

the other ones cost much less; they have some inexpensive steamer things for sale that will take the wrinkles out (you could buy them online, walmart, or some other department stores)

The last one is what we do.....If things get wrinkled we hang them in the Bathroom,turn on the hot water and close the door;(the steam will take out the wrinkles provided they are not too wrinkled) leave them in there for a couple of hours (2-3) and you should be fine....

I hope this helps and I hope this gets to you before you leave. Is this your first cruise? Where are you going?

Whether it's your first cruise or your 31st cruise I hope you have a great time :grin:

Andy