• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

anyone ever cruise to the canary islands?

Rate this topic

I was looking at a cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. It is a 11 day cruise leaving from Barcelona to canary Islands, Portugal etc. Looked interesting and the price was not too bad. Just wondering if anyone out there has any first hand experience touring these islands?

Thanks for any information anyone is willing to share. time of year we are thinking about is the fall.

Gail

hey there Gail...

sorry never been to the canary islands.. and not sure where they are...i am trying to look into north area .... amsterdam.area but i saw one that celebrity had for spring this year that i really wanted but they are not offering it in 2008.. so i have been looking ... for aug or sept of next year... most leave england and then around .. st petersburg .. olso.. places like that..... let me know if you guys take this one ...to canary island the price looks nice .. for this year ,, but i am already going to panama this year

Tonia... tell the hubby i say hello

Hi Everyone -- We, too, would love to go to the Canary Islands. But we are already overbooked for 2007. On our Med Cruise, the other two couples at our table (one from Long Island and the other from England) had been to several of the Canary Islands on land tours. They just raved about them.

Diane

Wow.. nice to hear from all of you. We are thinking about this as an option but propbably not until fall 2008. Was hoping to find a cruise leaving out of Barcelona- nice city to repeat but the 2008 listing shows cruise to the Canary Islands leaving from South Hampton, England instead. Well, been to london- nice city also. Still just thinking. have a few other alternatives we are also looking at....one that is a RT out of Rome and goes to Turkey, Egypt etc My problem... can't make up my mind but the researching and thinking about things is always so much fun. :biggrin:

Hey, we could have a reunioun cruise of the Millie 2006 gang! Wouldn't that br a blast! :biggrin:

Gail

Diane... I just noticed that you guys have been on the Pride of Aloha. This is another option we were thinking about but have not read the best reviews. What did youys think? We have been to Hawaii before to all the ports- but thought it would be a more relaxing way to visit again. plus we have FF miles to get us there.

let me know.....thanks

Gail

Gail funny you should say that the cruise we are looking at the transatlantic leaves Barcelona in December 08 and arrives in Miami 17 days later with stops in the Canary Islands...

should I send you guys more information when i get it?

Gail keep me posted about maybe going in fall of 2008 ... would love to see ya again....

(wink , if we leave out of barcelona.. we have to make sure Joey has his luggage )

LOL LOL .. and maybe no fruit flys LOL LOL

such good memories

Tonia

Gail -- This was our first trip to Hawaii. We spent 1 week on Kauai at a timeshare then picked up the Pride of Aloha in Honolulu to see the rest of the islands. Some advantages of the cruise were being able to see the Napli Coast from the sea and the lava flow on the Big Island flowing into the ocean at night. While cruising was a great way to get from island to island, that being said, we hated the "cruise" part. Customer service was nonexistant, Freestyle dining was horrible with long waits and food wasn't anything special either. Lots of bottlenecks in the buffet area. We will never do that itinerary again.