• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

When Choosing.....

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

When planning your cruise... and you are able to choose a stateroom ... where do you normally choose to be located?....

Upper decks? mid ship? aft location?.... the lower decks?

And as far as your concerned... why do you choose that location?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that there's nothing noisy above or underneath, we try to be near the middle of the ship: it's more stable. Also, we try to be on a deck that has passenger cabins, rather than public spaces, on the decks above and below that deck. Ideally, we would be low in the ship; but balcony cabins and suites tend to be high up.

Noise, comfort, and ship stability are major factors in choosing a location. We study the deck plans very, very carefully. On the cruise for which we are signed up but unlikely to take (Regent, Alaska, 5/27/08), we selected a specific stateroom, rather than a guarantee, because we didn't want to get stuck in a bad area. That gave us a one categary upgrade; but we might have had a bigger upgrade, or none at all, if we had been willing to let the line assign a stateroom.

We always pay the extra ($100 on Carnival) to pick our cabin when booking. It is always a balcony cabin, midship. We do have our first aft cabin booked so I will have to wait and see if I switch from a midship dweller to a backsider....

We too are midship, lower deck dwellers. Near the midship elevator. Stability and ease of movement to anywhere on the ship are factors for us. Also like Joe, I want cabins above and below us for noise insulation.

We always choose a cabin in the middle of the ship, NOT under a public room nor the pool, and not near the elevators.

We go for either an inside cabin on a short trip or a window cabin on a longer ship, had the balcony in Hawaii, appreciated it, and wouldn't care if I had it again. We don't spend enough time in the cabin to use it...I did sit and read on the balcony while waiting for hubby, but he didn't use it at all.

We got hooked when we had the aft balcony on the Triumph......We just loved it, not noisy at all and very calm.

We have a balcony on the upcoming cruise on the Miracle.........It is an aft also.

We are one of the few that does use the balcony. We use it in the morning after we shower we get room service and sit outside in our Carnival bathrobes and enjoy the fresh air. We always sit out there at night after we come back to the cabin and have a drink and just listen to the water and watch the wake so, for us it is worth it.........

We always go for a balcony cabin high up and towards the middle. We also don't want to be under a public area. The other thing we watch is if the ship has a "Bump out", we like to have a cabin in the bump out . The sight lines are much better .