• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRANSPORTATION VANCOUVER AIRPORT

Rate this topic

seauonboard

Just wanted to pass this along.

We cruised into Vancouver on our Southbound Alaska cruise last year. When we got off the ship the taxi line was wrapped around, and around, and around...... You get the idea. I'm so glad that I knew about Limo Jet. I had read about them before the cruise. When we got off the ship and through customs we headed to the area marked for ground transport. There was a very nice lady there - we told her we wnated Limo Jet - she called and let them know to release a Limo to pick us up. They arrived shortly after. There was 4 of us and I think it cost like $50. My DH gave the driver a ten dollar tip. It was worth every penny. Our flight wasn't until 1:30 but still we didn't have to wait in that line - that was growing every second.

Thier prices have gone up slightly (Hasn't everything). According to their website....www.limojetgold.com.

Sedan rate between Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR) & either cruise ship terminal is $47 + GST (Canadian) per sedan, one way, for a maximum of 3 passengers. Our stretch limousine rate between Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR) & either cruise ship terminal is $53 + GST per limousine, one way, for a maximum of 4 passengers.

If you are traveling as 2 you could find another couple to split the expense and make it less expensive.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We took a taxi from YVR to our hotel, and it was about $35. Going directly to the pier would have been another $5 or so. The distance from the hotel to the pier was about one kilometer (.621 mile).

From what I've read on the "critical" board, it's no big deal getting a taxi from the airport to the ship. However, the taxi lines going from the ship to the airport are supposed to be brutal; so people would be well advised to arrange a limo in advance for cruises ending in Vancouver.

That's of course, if you are not using the cruise line's "US direct" program, which takes you directly from the pier to a special area in the airport (or vice versa). None of the cruise lines seem to use the US direct term (although that's what the airport calls it); but most have a program combining direct transportation of people and direct transportation of baggage. It's definitely worth looking into if you are not staying in Vancouver, but instead are going directly to or from the pier. See http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/...s/usDirect.html . Nonte that some of the airlines, such as Continental and Delta, participate in the program going from the airport to the ship, but not going from the ship to the airport.