• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day

Rate this topic

it would depend after adding up all the expenses needed ...if it would be worthwhile....i understand wanting to stay in one city long enough to explore and surrounding areas.... but i do enjoy the cruises to see all the cities.. amybe one day after seeing most cities then i could make a list of places to stay more then one day... boy i do have something to look foward to for retirement..... REVISIT

Tonia

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only will consider it; have considerd it, and come close to choosing a U.S. river cruise. If New Orleans hadn't been nearly destroyed by a hurricane, we probably would have taken a Mississippi River cruise by now. Among side effects of the hurricane was the takeover of Delta Queen Stemship Co. by Majestic America. We did not like what we've been hearing about Majestic America, even before the grounding of Empress of the North, the astounding 67 CDC score for the same ship, and the recent fire aboard the Queen of the West. The onboard experience apparently is not as good as it was under Delta Queen and the previous owner of the northwest ships.

Nonetheless, Columbia and Mississippi River cruises are on our radar screen, and we have taken a river cruise in Europe.