• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Which is your Favorite Cruise line?

Rate this topic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carnival :biggrin: Maybe one of these days I will try another line.

why should you if your happy.... :blush:

You are right. I will try a new line, only if there is someplace that Carnival does not cruise to.

Carnival :biggrin: Maybe one of these days I will try another line.

why should you if your happy.... :blush:

You are right. I will try a new line, only if there is someplace that Carnival does not cruise to.

:wink2: loyalty is somewhat like friendships are getting harder to find...

It would be interesting to know how many cruise lines various people have tried. For example, we've only been on two of the current mainstream lines: HAL (3 cruises) and Celebrity. Unlike most people, we found both the food and service on HAL much better than on Celebrity; indeed, on our last Celebrity cruise on the Zenith, we had the worst service ever, including so-so waiters, wine stewards who didn't know wines, port talks that talked about "chosen" stores and little else, and a clueless room stewardess. We also found our stateroom layout claustrophobic. Obviously, most people have had better experiences on X than we've had.

Two lines out of many choices isn't much basis to judge a favorite.

BTW, our other cruises were on the MS Freeport (no longer cruising), Regal (the Regal Empress is now with a different line), Windstar (3 cruises), Avalon River cruises, and Radisson/Regent (Alaska will be our second cruise). Thus, we've sailed on seven cruise lines, but only two current mainstream lines.

Most of our cruises have been on ships from the Carnival line because that seems to be the preferred cruise line of the group from another cruise board that we cruise with.

My favorite ship that we have cruised on was Royal Caribbean's "Mariner of the Seas." I loved that ship. It was "BIG." Of course, another thing that made it my favorite was the fact that we cruised on that ship between two hurricanes in Florida and the 7 day cruise turned into a 10 day cruise because there was no Florida port that we could return to because of the hurricanes hitting Florida the weekend that we were to return and the damage to Port Canaveral. Three days late, we were able to dock in Miami. There were a number of ships cruising extra days in the Caribbean that week.

I'm looking forward to my first experience with Celebrity on the "Infinity" for our cruise to Alaska this September and then there's the Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity's "Constellation" that will give me a second chance to check out Celebrity.

We have sailed on Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean.

I'm looking forward to my first experience on Celebrity with our cruise to Alaska this September and the there's the Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebritie's "Constellation" that will give me a second chance to check out Celebrity.

We have sailed on Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean.

Which ship are you sailing on??