• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question Of the Day

Rate this topic

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always for international travel and for domestic when we are going to area where we do not normally or routinely go. We are in Albuquerque, Phoenix, Sedona, San Diego, etc. every year so don't bother, but when we fly to NYC we do notify them.

Internationally always..... but never for the contiguous states. We did notify them for Hawaii and Alaska. We traveled for a year all around the US and were never once contacted by the CC companies regarding strange activity on our cards....... only the Canada episode.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only anal retentative in this group of "crazies". Not only do we notify the credit card company, but I stop the newspaper (especially when we're gone for an extended period of time), I stop the mail (and personally talk to the mailman), AND, I notify the local sheriff that we are leaving. They cruise by our house at least once a day (different times). They ask for the make/model license of any vehicle that is in the carport or driveway or any that should be there. They keep a log of all vehicles in and around the house. It's kind of sad that we have to take these precautions. Sign of the times, no doubt.