• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question Of the Day

Rate this topic

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey, I was just thinking on these lines this morning.

I have multiple food allergies. I have learned to write down what I can eat (rather than what I cannot eat). I have learned to question everything. On the first day of any cruise, I present my list to the matre d and our head waiter. I make sure they understand my allergies (especially with the language "barriors").

Celebrity and Princess have gone out of their way to present me with menus (in advance) and have asked me to mark what I like and what I can eat. They have then prepared those meals for me without the things that I cannot tolerate.

Breakfast foods are very hard for me as I cannot eat any of them. Most of the time, I bring my own. I have, however, ordered steamed rice for breakfast.

Here's another thing that we have all learned. If you make a point of complimenting a certain item/ dish, whatever, and then ask for it later on in the cruise, you might just get it served. Both my husband and Marcy's husband told a Celebrity waiter that they loved the shrimp cocktail and the cocktail sauce. Every night a shrimp cocktail was waiting for them, without ever having to order it.

So, yes, you are correct. A please, thank you, smile, occasional joke all go a long way.

I do now, after a little misshap in St. Thomas. I was buying a diamond tennis bracelet that was expensive and was not going to tell my mother. She received a call from my credit card company and informed her of the large purchase, to make sure my card was not being used by someone else. She told them that I was vacationing In St. Thomas. When I got home I had to tell her.