• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

HD Camcorder With Hard Drive??

Rate this topic

Anyone using an HD Camcorder with a hard drive?? What has been your experience?? Thinking about making the upgrade. Kind of like the idea of bagging the tapes, but somewhat worried about jarring the hard drive. What do you think??

Anyone using an HD Camcorder with a hard drive?? What has been your experience?? Thinking about making the upgrade. Kind of like the idea of bagging the tapes, but somewhat worried about jarring the hard drive. What do you think??

i can't help you Ed .. I for one am just about to give up on gadgetries .. my brain can't handle the overload..

Ed, I've been looking for one too. I'm currently using an Hi8 Sony, my 5th 8mm. Each one broke after a year or two. The ones I've been looking at are the 30GB versions in Sony and JV at $449 and $499 at Best Buy. So far my wallet says don't buy! :blush: So I'm in the same boat as you. Any users out there?

Ray, Don't even remember how many camcorders I've had over the year. My first one was a two piece VHS unit with separate camera and recorder. Weighed about as my as my old M16 and backpack combined. :angry:

I've seen these things for about $375, but still want hear some first hand experiences before I get more serious.

Love the idea of getting rid of the tapes and/or other media.