• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day: June 2008

Rate this topic

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in Georgia so in the early days of our cruising, we drove to the port of Tampa and Port Canaveral. That's about as far as I like to drive. We could easily drive home in one day from those.

All the others have been reached by air. I would not drive to Ft Lauderdale or Miami.

We live in Georgia so in the early days of our cruising, we drove to the port of Tampa and Port Canaveral. That's about as far as I like to drive. We could easily drive home in one day from those.

All the others have been reached by air. I would not drive to Ft Lauderdale or Miami.

New York is our favorite. We can drive there with minimal hassle. Sailing out and passing the Statue of Liberty is always inspiring. The other nice thing about leaving from New York is that if you're going to the Caribbean, there is almost always 2 sea days to totally unwind at the start of the cruise.

New York is our favorite. We can drive there with minimal hassle. Sailing out and passing the Statue of Liberty is always inspiring. The other nice thing about leaving from New York is that if you're going to the Caribbean, there is almost always 2 sea days to totally unwind at the start of the cruise.

The one thing that we have noticed is that ALL of the cruise lines are perfecting their embarkation process. I remember our first cruise, standing in a long line, waiting for what seemed like forever before you moved on to the next line. The last few cruises, we breezed right up to the counter, checked in and walked right on to the ship.

The one thing that we have noticed is that ALL of the cruise lines are perfecting their embarkation process. I remember our first cruise, standing in a long line, waiting for what seemed like forever before you moved on to the next line. The last few cruises, we breezed right up to the counter, checked in and walked right on to the ship.

I remember our first cruise, standing in a long line, waiting for what seemed like forever before you moved on to the next line. The last few cruises, we breezed right up to the counter, checked in and walked right on to the ship.

I think you can contribute that to the on-line Pre-Cruise processing..