• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day: June 2008

Rate this topic

We usually take ship shore excursions, but have on a couple of occasions ventured out on our own. Cindy likes the idea that the ship won't sail without us when we're on a ship sponsered excursion.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruise Question of the Day - Saturday

Do you tend to take ship shore excursions or set out on your own at a new port of call?

Depends on the port of call... Most Caribbean ports we wing it... as for our Mediterranean cruise we hired private tours for some of the more interesting ports..

I have only taken one ship shore excursion. I prefer setting out on our own.

We did save alot of money last summer when we decided to take a cab into St. Thomas and walk up the 99 steps to Blackbeard's castle, instead of taking the ship tour.

Cruise Question of the Day:

Do you sometimes stay on board at a port of call?

I want to get off at every port and do something - shop, look around, take a tour. I try to schedule cruises that don't constantly repeat the same ports. New places have to be a larger part of the ports visited or I skip that cruise. I'm not cruising with the cruise group that I've cruised with for the past 5 years this year or next year because they keep returning to places that we've already visited.

We're on the CRUISECRAZIES two week cruise in 2009 because even as many cruises as we've taken to the Caribbean - 2/3s of the ports on the "Constellation" will be new to us.

Cruise Question of the Day - Saturday

Do you tend to take ship shore excursions or set out on your own at a new port of call?

I really prefer to take the ship excursions as then I don't have to be concerned with getting back to the ship late. There will be a group of people from the ship with me and the Captain will be more in tune with what's happening than if I had taken off on my own.