• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise Question of the Day: July 2008

Rate this topic

rogue

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 17 cruises, I think I have been to 7 sailaway parties. I do like them, but if I am with friends, our group tends to gather on a balcony or a secluded area and celebrate amongst ourselves. A couple of times with spas that are facing aft, I have been in a pedicure chair watching sailaway and watching the wake. One particular fond memory is of sailing from Quebec City on the Enchantment back in 2005. There were two of us getting our pedicures and we were talking with a lot of the spa/beauty salon staff who gathered in the area to watch sailaway from the windows where the pedicure chairs were.......it was a truly memorable sailiaway. We all talked about how we love cruising and how much we really loved Quebec City!

Always on the balcony - just the two of us - and our friends usually book on the opposite side of the ship so we can swap sides for different views :o)

Jenn, that is a fabulous idea to have your friends on the opposite side of the ship as you...never would have thought of it. but it is SO smart! you can get both views!

I am trying to get my neighbor friend to go with us on our next cruise, have even gotten her a guarantee room and haven't told her about it, hoping that up until the deadline to get my deposit back she will agree to go with us. Now I guess I will have to upgrade it to an assigned cabin so I will know it is on the opposite side from us!

For our first cruise last August we were in the Spinnaker Lounge getting to know new friends we had met on line. Had a small meet and greet. This lounge is at the front of the ship and I didn't know we were moving until I looked out saw that Seattle was getting farther away. What an awesome feeling.

So I guess you could say I didn't attend the sail away party.

Falina

Heres a question: Do you wish they would provide some sort of bio degradable safe for fish type of confetti for sail away? If they did would that CHANGE how you do sail away?

I would love it! I love seeing all the old movies of people standing on the decks throwing confetti. You can't do that anymore and since I just started cruising I never got to...BTW, when did throwing confetti go the way of the Dodo?

That would be so great if they could come up with something that would not harm the oceans. That was always a big part of Bon Voyages (many moons ago) with bowl of streamers and confetti available all around the ship before sail away