• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Paper or E Docs

Rate this topic

When booking your cruise some lines still give the option for the guests to recieve paper documents snail mailed versus E Docs where you download them and pront them yourself..

Given an option which do you choose?

Who signs up for Paper documents?

Who signs up for E Docs?

To no great suprise we always opt for the paper documents.....

Just trying to hold on to tradition as long as possible... ironic isn't it....biggrin.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to what lines offer electronic cruise documents, since I don't think we've ever been given a choice. Plane tickets are e-documents only. So far, cruise documents have been paper only, maybe because we tend to sail on upscale cruise lines. If we were offered the option of having e-documents for the cruise, we'd still want paper, and the nice folders that the paper documents always come in. The folders are usually so good that we reuse them.

I'm curious as to what lines offer electronic cruise documents, since I don't think we've ever been given a choice. Plane tickets are e-documents only. So far, cruise documents have been paper only, maybe because we tend to sail on upscale cruise lines. If we were offered the option of having e-documents for the cruise, we'd still want paper, and the nice folders that the paper documents always come in. The folders are usually so good that we reuse them.

I believe it started with Carnival Brands (carnival, hal, princess) not sure about Cunard...and as of a year and a half ago I believe Royal Caribbean Brands(Royal Carribean and Celebrity) Once again, not sure about Azamara ( Ed should know).. started with the e doc option

Our last couple cruises were e-docs and that's fine with us. The less to carry, the better. The only real hassle is luggage tags. It took a little longer for all the folks who had to fill them out at the port. We just made our own from the e-docs and they work fine.

Just had to edit this and add this note: The pouches being used by the cruise lines are made in Communist China. They can keep them, we don't want them!

Our last couple cruises were e-docs and that's fine with us. The less to carry, the better. The only real hassle is luggage tags. It took a little longer for all the folks who had to fill them out at the port. We just made our own from the e-docs and they work fine.

Just had to edit this and add this note: The pouches being used by the cruise lines are made in Communist China. They can keep them, we don't want them!

OH my I had to pull out my HAL one and take a look I'll be darned :thumbdown:

Being the organized person that I am I like the e-docs as I can print out all the docs and luggage tags way ahead of time and keep them in my cruise folder. Sometimes especially when we are leaving from Florida we go down way ahead of time and this way we don't have to worry about receiving anything in the mail....It has worked out great for us.

I'm with Howard. Either way is fine with me, but I hate the luggage tags which arrive via e-docs. :thumbdown: In answer to the Azamara question, their docs were paper via mail in a very nice simulated leather folder.

But as long as I get them, I'm happy. I just could not care less about how they get here. :smile:

I have been cruising on Princess mostly and they have only e-docs. The luggage tags are no problem because right after final payment is made they do send you a cruise package with all the info and luggage tags for the upcoming cruise.

It seems to me if you are going to go through all the trouble of sending a packet you might as well send the docs also. It was always so nice to do the "dance". I still do it but dancing for luggage tags is just not as much fun.

Thanks for the china tip. I was using my old HAL folders but I will think twice about that now. Wonder what kind of chemical they use in the coloring? :ohmy: