• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

I got a call from RCI yesterday.

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Recently I sent a lettr to RCI about our cruise on the AOS. The letter was quite positive and I singled out the staff who "went the extra mile" for us. I was surprised to get a call from an RCI rep recognizing my letter. Usually one gets a f/u letter but I thought a call from an actual person was a nice touch. Saves postage too I suppose. :smile: Has anyone else ever gotten a call vs. a letter? is this RCI's MO?

Recently I sent a lettr to RCI about our cruise on the AOS. The letter was quite positive and I singled out the staff who "went the extra mile" for us. I was surprised to get a call from an RCI rep recognizing my letter. Usually one gets a f/u letter but I thought a call from an actual person was a nice touch. Saves postage too I suppose. :smile: Has anyone else ever gotten a call vs. a letter? is this RCI's MO?

not from RCI but I once got a call from HAL after a cruise...

Yes I have. After our last cruise I wrote to RC praising our waiter who I knew received a less than glowing review from our table mates who were real pains. I wanted to override their complaint because this poor guy bent over backwards trying to please these pills. I received a phone call thanking me for my letter and telling me they forwarded my comments to the appropriate department on the ship. I made my remarks on the comment card but was afraid it would be overlooked.

Also, last year there was a mix up with a "one day booking special" and I wrote to RC. Received a phone call within a week of my letter apologizing for the mix up and everything was straightened out.

It does make you feel that they care what their loyal customers think and is real good public relations.

Last year after we took my dad on his first cruise. I wrotte a letter to Carnival praising the above and beyond service given my dad. Received a nice letter back and a free bottle of wine on our next cruise.