• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What Souvenirs do you tend to collect?

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the trinket or T-Shirt kind of stuff for us.

But I do love collecting "dishes" from different parts of the world, either made of local pottery or glass - but it must be unusual and eye catching. We also love picking up spices etc that are peculiar to the area. In Italy I came home with a huge bag of different pasta spices that I bought at a roadside market. Also olives and olive oil. In France I bought all things lavender!! Also Bouguet Garni herbs. In Spain we picked up more olive oil and spices for Paella. In Greece we got more olives and Greek herbs for Greek Salad. These things cannot be purchased Stateside... so we make the most of it. Also love the Olive Oil without preservatives - tastes soooo fresh and olivey!!

Magnets and usually a decorative dish or wallhanging for our wall in the living room. The magnets used to hang on the refrig but I don't want to put them up now that I redid the kitchen. I'll have to figure out something for them.

Rose what about if you go to home depot get a small sheet of metal...paint it frame it... and place the magnets on it then you can hang the frame.. good idea? or bad idea?