• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Formal Night What do you wear?

Rate this topic

JoeyandDavid

I've always considered a "gown" to be about ankle length. I have worn gowns on my longer, dressier cruises, but my next two cruises I will be wearing silky-black pants and glittery tops. Like Jackie says, it will be a good way (and comfy) to be dressed, and not have to carry so much baggage. We are only bringing one bag apiece this next cruise. Yikes! Hope I can get everything in one bag, plus carryon. LOL

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WIth the new luggage requirements, I'm wondering how many ladies will "abandon" the gown and go for "mix and match".

Then again, for those who can afford that many gowns, jewelry and shoes, paying extra for the luggage isn't that big of a deal.

Hi Debbie...

I think quite a few will. I'm going for the mix and match. Going to bring only black and white slacks (except for formal night) so I can interchange easily with blouses. Although my DH says only one bag, I'm sure I could talk him into paying for the extra if I said "pretty please." LOL But our main concern is that he has to haul it all. I'm not supposed to lift or drag anything. I will be carring my purse and a carryon that I can pull with a handle. In the past we have had a lot of luggage to haul, and there were times when we couldn't find any help, so it was all up to my poor hubby, and he's not getting any younger. LOL

• 2 months later...
When you are on a cruise and its formal night what do you wear? You can also vote for your partner/spouse or traveling companion

I have my own tux but usually wear a suit. I keep the tux for galas in pitts. or other formal events. I have four children three of them married so it was nice to have my tux for the weddings. still have one more daughter to go.

Joe

I love to wear my dress suit (tux) on formal nights and suits for informal. Tend to wear jeans or trakkies the rest of the year so look forward to it. Get to wear my dress suit 2 or 3 times a year at industry or foundry institution do's. The wife loves her LBD's and has several of them, in England knee length dresses are known as cocktail dresses and full length dresses as gowns.

PIC_0157.jpg

Kath and I on Thomson Destiny (nee Song of America) Easter 2008

PIC_0155.jpg

Kath and Aaron

PIC_0156.jpg

The Bouncers