• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival to cruisers: Relax, you now can book spa treatments in advance

Rate this topic

mercedes

Add spa treatments to the list of things you can book in advance at Carnival.

The world's largest cruise line says it has finished rolling out an on-line advance purchase system for the spas on all 22 ships in its fleet. Carnival customers who are fully deposited for an upcoming cruise will have access to the system, located at Carnival.com.

Carnival says more than 30 treatments are available for advance booking, including acupuncture, massages, facials, wraps and even tooth whitening. Pricing and available dates and times for each treatment on each cruise are listed online.

To book treatments, customers must be registered on carnival.com and access their reservation through the “My Reservation” link on the site. Click on “Plan Activities” and then “Spa Appointments.”

A caveat: Customers pre-booking treatments will have to pay in advance online by credit card. Still, Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen tells USA TODAY they can cancel at a later date for a refund.

Gulliksen says Carnival began rolling out the system ship-by-ship late last year.

Celebrity's website has spa services also available for pre-booking.

I agree. Nothing is worse than wanting to be pampered, planning on it, saving for it and not being able to book the appt. because it's not available. At least this way, the person taking the vacation has the option to pre-book. Sure, you're paying in advance but it is refundable if you cancel. Gotta read the fine print. I'm sure there's a cancellation timeframe in order to get the full refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Once we made final payment, we were able to pre-book spa services. Excursions, however, can be booked at any time. I think the difference is the spa/beauty salon is a leased facility where the excursions are a part of the ship.