• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruiseline and Fuel Charges

Rate this topic

Most of the main line cruise brands have reserved the right to reinstate fuel charges once the price of oil reached $65.00usd per barrel...After seeing this today...

Crude oil rose to a seven-month high and gasoline surged after Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said prices may reach $85 by the end of the year as demand recovers and supplies shrink.
...I began to wonder how soon the cruiselines will once again impose the fuel charges. Do you think passengers will be safe for the remainder of this year? When do you think the fuel charges will be reinstated?

One thing that is changing.. prices they are beginning to raise once again.. bargins are still there but now you will have to start looking..for them

RCL has been steadily increasing it's fares .. Celebrity has increased it's fares on our group cruise a few hundred dollars and cabins are selling..

But back to the origional question of when on the fuel charges.. I say look after the numbers come out at the end of this quarter.. That is when i feel it will be time to look for the lines to impose once again...this of course is JMHO

They are between a rock and a hard place from a marketing standpoint. IMHO. They have had months of fare cutting, adding perks, etc. and it is working. So, now do they risk turning off the tap with the fuel surcharge??

They are between a rock and a hard place from a marketing standpoint. IMHO. They have had months of fare cutting, adding perks, etc. and it is working. So, now do they risk turning off the tap with the fuel surcharge??

I say yes............ because of the shareholders.. the bottom line..