• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Login Issues Since the Upgrade?

Rate this topic

I am sure I will get some of this wrong but I will give it a try...

i go back and forth between 3 computers... between the 3 computers I use Windows XP on 2 computers. the newest one has Windows Vista. i use Internet Explorer 7, only when I use my WiFi, I think it is ver. 7 , and when I use my good old fashioned dial-up well, it is just dial-up and I come in via MSN...if that tells you anything...today I could get in via Internet Explorer with my WiFi but not using my dial-up at all. I hope that makes sense....

It seems to depend on which page I get to first if I can log in. If i get to the new home page, well then I am just out of luck, I get in that endless login loop...it is just a crap shoot. and yes, I do have the pages bookmarked and have them marked "remember me"

Some users have reported different types of login issues since the site upgrade. Here's a description of each type of issue, along with recommended solutions which have solved the issue for some members. If the below does not work, please let us know by responding to this topic with the following information:

- Which of the below login issues you are experiencing

- Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, etc)

- Internet Browser version (6.0, 7.0, 8.0, etc)

- Computer operating system (Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac, etc)

- Which page(s) you were on when you got logged out

1. On the new login page, the information entered returns an error stating "The login details you provided were

invalid. Please try again."

If you receive this message, please ensure you are using your email address (the one you used to sign up with CruiseCrazies), along with the password that was emailed to you last Monday. Last week all members received a long, all numeric password via email, for use in logging in to the new part of the site for the first time. It was necessary for all user passwords to be reset, in order to complete the migration process from one database to another. If you never received this email, lost this password, or need it again, please use the following form for retrieiving it:

http://www.cruisecrazies.com/community/lostpass.php

2. This numeric password is rediculous, way too long, and I'm never going to remember it! Not to worry, this is just a temporary password to get you logged in for the first time.

Once logged in to your account, you can change your password by going to the new Settings and changing it (back to your old password if you prefer). The control panel we have used for several years has been replaced by a new one. To access your new Settings once logged in, simply click the "Settings" link located towards the top of every page in the silver userlinks menu. Then, you'll see a tab titled "Change Password." This is where you'll want to go.

3. When I try to login at the new login page (http://www.cruisecrazies.com/community/login.php), I enter my information, the page refreshes, and prompts me to enter my login info again, and NO ERROR MESSAGE DISPLAYS. This turns into a repeating loop, preventing me from logging in.

Make sure you check the box that says "Remember Me." If that doesn't work, your internet browser's cookies and cache need to be deleted. See the link for instructions in either step 4 or step 5 below:

4. I am logged in, however I do not stay logged in. Specifically, I can stay logged in while browsing the new components of the site (while browsing the "What's New" page, members' profiles, Groups, Polls), however when I try to use the forums I get logged out at some point between the forums and the new part of the site.

Please try clearing your internet browser's internet cache and cookies. Instructions here:

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

5. I am logged in, however I do not stay logged in. Specifically, I am getting logged out while browsing between the different components of the new site (while browsing the "What's New" page, members' profiles, Groups, Polls).

Please try clearing your internet browser's internet cache and cookies. Instructions here:

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

* As a rule of thumb, a good way to test cookie/cache related issues is to try an alternate internet browser. In addition to Internet Explorer, there are a variety of other free alternatives such as Mozilla firefox, and Google Chrome. If possible, I would recommend trying these browsers. If any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

UPDATE: The following has been confirmed regarding logging in on more than 1 computer....

Due to increased security settings, each user is able to log in to only 1 computer at a time. So if you switch between computers and then you have to log in again, this is expected. For example, if you are logged in on computer A, and then log in on computer B, your cookie within computer A will have expired when you return to Computer A, causing you to have to log in again. This may be an inconvenience however the rationale is simple: To reduce the chances of your account becoming compromised....It's for your account privacy and security.

I have received several messges from users trying to go back and forth between different computers and then experiencing login issues, and the above explains why they may be having these login issues. Please private message me or send me an email if you have any questions regarding the above, or if you have any status update to provide, relating to any login issues you may be experiencing.

I hope this helps. Thanks all for your patience and understanding while we continue to iron out all the bugs.

LATEST UPDATE: Just finished installing another patch, hopefully this will clear the issue for more users. If you have been experiencing login issues up to Thursday night, please do the following to see if the latest patch has corrected the issue:

Please make sure you delete your browser cookies and temporary internet files (links with instructions are a few posts above). Once you've done that, restart your computer, then log in using your email address and password. Make sure when you log in, that you check the box that says "Remember Me." A new session cookie should be created and should hopefully keep you logged in when navigating between the forums and the new parts of the site.

If you have to log in ONCE when accessing the site on the first time of the day, this is NORMAL...it's for security purposes. However if you are logged in on the new parts of the site, but then when you are browsing the forums or attempt to post something and then you receive a message that you need to log in (upper right corner of screen), please let me know asap so I can investigate.

If you are STILL having login issues after this message has been posted, AND you have followed the steps in order within this message, please let us know. And I'll need the following details:

1. The URL you used for logging in to the site

2. The URL where you were when you got logged out

3. The link(s) you may have clicked and then noticed you were logged out.

4. Internet browser and version

Here is my direct email in case: webmaster@cruisecrazies.com