• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What do you pack that 's unusual and that most cruisers wouldn't pack?

Rate this topic

GottaCruz

We carry a small laptop computer so that every evening we can transfer and save digital pictures from our cameras to a portable storage device. That way, we 're able to start each day with all the camera memory available. I also pack a notebook webcam so we can stay in trouch with our pooch. Actually, 'Erin' hasn't learned just yet how to skype, but the house sitters have. :rolleyes2:

I always take a power strip (never enough electrical outlets in the cabins for me), some sort of knitting or crocheting, a travel clock (that can't be unusual, can it?) , a good book, and my iPod. MUST have my music.

I also always have a small pad of paper with me so i can write down where each picture was taken. I hate getting home, downloading all my pics and I can't remember where I was. If we are on a tour, I like to write down what the tour guide said about the place, so i can include that in my picture gallery. Yes, I learned shorthand years ago and can still use it.

Last cruise, coffee pot and coffee (which will become a staple have to have item).

All cruises, snacks that you typically don't find on the ship or in the ship stores: Spanish Peanuts and Mixed Nuts for Jerry, Dots for Jerry and James, Almonds for all of us, Gluten Free oats for me to have for breakfast.