• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal Caribbean Opens Brazil Office

Rate this topic

mercedes

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is ramping up its commitment to growing the South America cruise market with the official opening of a new office in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the first Royal Caribbean company-owned office in the region.

The event was marked by a formal visit by Royal Caribbean International President and CEO, Adam Goldstein, highlighting Brazil as a key region earmarked for both investment and growth.

"The cruise market in Brazil is one of the fastest growing in the world, and with increased investment and commitment, we aim to accelerate this trend," said Goldstein. "In late 2009 Royal Caribbean International will have two ships - Vision of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas - dedicated to the Brazilian market which represents a significant uplift in available cruise departures. Reinforcing the positive knock-on economic benefits that cruising brings and improving cruise selling awareness are key objectives of my visit to Brazil. I look forward to Royal Caribbean International's expansion in Brazil and in the entire South America cruise market."

The new Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. office, located in Sao Paulo, will support the commercial and operational efforts in Brazil of the company's three cruise brands - Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises - and will continue to further its international expansion plans, supporting the growing demand for cruise itineraries departing Brazil and around the world.

The opening of Royal Caribbean's Sao Paulo office comes at a key time for the burgeoning Brazilian cruise business. In the last eight seasons, the number of guests embarking on cruises from Brazil grew 623%, with an average growth of 33% per year.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised that RCI is pushing South America. We cruised Splendour twice last year in SA and Radiance earlier this year. My impression from the crew was that SA was a poor market. We would absolutely never take a Brazil based cruise again. Argentina and Chile were OK, but we would also probably never revisit Ecuador and Peru. South America is not for us.

• 4 weeks later...