• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruising With First-Time Cruisers

Rate this topic

MrsAmanda7

Mike and I will be booking a cruise for next summer very soon. Our friends may join us on the cruise. They will be first-time cruisers with us. What should I be sharing with them? What are some tips I should give them? They are afraid cruising may not be busy enough for them. I have been assuring them they will not be bored. Would you please share your suggestions with me? Thanks!

I would try booking a cruise with as many port stops as possible so there will be someplace different to see every day. Remind them that ships usually cruise at night so the days are spent in port so you can do alot. On sea days tell them that the cruise lines don't want their passengers to be bored either so they schedule all sorts of activities during the day and how about booking a ship with alot to offer like one of the Voyager class ships with RCI? Maybe once you decide on a ship try to ind online pics of her. Thats always a turn on for me. :smile:

Skipper- Thanks for the Princess Patter idea! I will be sharing these with them.

Jacketwatch- The cruise we chose is on the Emerald Princess 7 day. Each day is a port day except two. We will be going to Princess Cays, Grand Turk, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. We also thought of keeping them busy with more port days. :biggrin: We will probably book a spa day on a port morning since they are discounted on these days. We should show them how busy a cruise ship is while in port. Great idea!

Longboysfan- I think our friends are so nervous about it, they don't want to leave our side while on the cruise. You're right- they may feel overwhelmed and not know what to do. So, we will definitely plan out our evening using the map and Princess Patter.

Thanks for the great ideas, everyone! Keep them coming!

I think being there for them is awesome. What fun!! You know after the first day they are going to be on overload and realize how much fun this place is. Maybe getting a deck map into their hands to help if they get lost as soon as they are on board.