• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Price Guarantee Question

Rate this topic

littleleague

With Royal Caribbean offering the new "price guarantee" and all the websites doing the same, how does that work? Do you actually have to call them week after week until you cruise to find out if there is a better price?

I know they'll either give you the difference in on board credit or credit your card if the price drops, but how are you supposed to know?

With Royal Caribbean offering the new "price guarantee" and all the websites doing the same, how does that work? Do you actually have to call them week after week until you cruise to find out if there is a better price?

I know they'll either give you the difference in on board credit or credit your card if the price drops, but how are you supposed to know?

[/size]

That's about it. You hsve to check to see if the rate has changed. when you call you can find out the details. Also the taxes can be reduced on a cruise. Cheers Ester

All of the ships offer this price guaranty and have been since we started cruising in the 90's. It's just that they are advertising it more. My guess is to get folks to sign up.

In all of the cruises that we have taken, I have yet to see where the price had dropped or the incentives had changed (and believe me I check every site all the time.) The only thing that did drop was the fuel surcharge and that came back to us as shipboard credit.

I remember when travel was slow in the mid 90's and Carnival was offereing FULL refund if you absolutely hated the cruise before you got to your first port.

This is an interesting topic, I love the commercials on tv (which company is it??), when the representative from the website flies in to hand deliver checks to the travellers whose ticket prices dropped over night