• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Moment of truth approaching. Wish me luck!!

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

My wife has to put it her vacation request in soon. She sort of wants to go home (India) BUT an eastern Med cruise we have been considering looks great too. Its been about nearly 5 yrs. since we have been to India so thats a compelling reason to return. However India is frankly pretty rough. Its great to see the family to be sure but the flight and overall conditions there are hard to take, esp. as we get older. We'll see. :smile:

We talked yesterday and this is what we decided. Family is first so we plan to go to India in Jan. 2011. We will get some time off this summer and have decided to relax. Going to India is a big expense, esp. now as we really need hotels. Staying w/ relatives will not give us our private and quiet time which you need over there. If you have ever spent a day in Delhi you know what I mean. :rolleyes2: I just watched Smart Travel with Rudy Maxa and this episode was about Vancouver so maybe we can sneak away for a few days during summer break. We've always wanted to see it anyway. :cool2:

I know what you mean by family "obligations", the cost and the privacy.

My mom turned 80 in July. I woke up one morning and realized that we had to fly back to Philly. Her health was excellent and her spirits even better. I told Jerry that no matter what the cost (and it was MORE than a cruise, mind you), we would fly back (Fri to Sun) NOT EVEN AS LONG AS A CRUISE! and celebrate her birthday with her.

Everyone except for one niece who lives in Florida came for her dinner. I know it meant a lot to have her children and grandchildren there.

So even though we are dieing for vacation, dieing to take a cruise, (even a short one) we know that we have to wait for November 2010.

So whatever choice you make, in your heart and soul you will know that it was the right one.