• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

"Love 'em or hate 'em? Cruises divide travelers"

Rate this topic

deb1220

Different strokes for different folks. That's why we have flyers and drivers, skiiers and snowboarders, republicans and democrats. I don't look at cruising and non-cruising as "dividing" people; just providing options for how to spend our precious free time.

I agree. Grear article. As for paying $3,000 in the 90's for a 7-day Caribbean - I hope he paid for a suite!

There are some folks out there that don't like cruises. Can't fathom why!

I hope the $3000 was at least for 2 people in a suite. I don't get it either.....Especially to judge "cruising" on just one cruise...

I agree. Grear article. As for paying $3,000 in the 90's for a 7-day Caribbean - I hope he paid for a suite!

I hope the $3000 was at least for 2 people in a suite. I don't get it either.....Especially to judge "cruising" on just one cruise...

Debbie, you're right that judging cruising by one cruise is very inadequate, but if they hated it that much, they would not ever go on a second cruise. I just wonder why the author interviews someone who cruised over 15 years ago. Comparing 1995 cruising to 2011 is apples to oranges. Choosing a contemporary cruiser would be much more appropriate. Does anyone think that in 15 years there has been no changes in cruising that might have made it better? I get the feeling that the author never did interview this person. Probably got the quotes from some old article that nobody would remember. That an editor allow this to be printed just shows the state of journalism today.

Debbie, you're right that judging cruising by one cruise is very inadequate, but if they hated it that much, they would not ever go on a second cruise. I just wonder why the author interviews someone who cruised over 15 years ago. Comparing 1995 cruising to 2011 is apples to oranges. Choosing a contemporary cruiser would be much more appropriate. Does anyone think that in 15 years there has been no changes in cruising that might have made it better? I get the feeling that the author never did interview this person. Probably got the quotes from some old article that nobody would remember. That an editor allow this to be printed just shows the state of journalism today.

I always hear people say cruising is not for me. That is fine we love it. Our first cruise was in 1991 I still loved it. I must say that was the smallest bath room I have ever been in. lol Cruising is all in what you make of it. We have fun and laugh so hard at times I can't believe it. I think we all realize it is not for everyone. Best cruise always seems like my last one.

More snow here today. Have a great weekend all you cruisecrazies.