• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - EPIC mistale

Rate this topic

retdc

I watched the Undercover Boss that featured the Epic. I also read about it in one of my cruising magazines. I agree with you about the design of the rooms and the round bed, no sink in the bathroom, bizarre layout.

We were on 3 NCL cruises and each one got progressively worse. At first we thought we were "cruise snobs"; comparing ships and itineraries. But after reading your experience, I agree with you.

I'm sorry that the ship didn't meet your expectations. Was the itinerary good?

From all the reviews I keep reading about this Epic mistake by NCL, I believe they will eventually used it for scrap metal to build the next ship.

I have already cruised on most lines and can honestly say that after NCL was bought by some Oriental line back in the late 90's, the crise line went down hill.

If you want to experience the Epic, wow factor, I believe the new mega ships from RCCL will fit the bill. I have not yet been on the Genesis class ships, but the Voyager class ships are a true marvel at sea.

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary! It's too bad the Epic did not live up to your expectations. The room design definitely sounds weird. Thanks for submitting your review. With eighteen cruises under your belt we are glad you are a part of our cruise community.

• 1 month later...

My wife & I mainly cruise on RCCL, but have enjoyed trying the other cruise lines. We are book on the Epic (April 2012), which will be our first on Norwegian. Almost all the reviews we have read on the Epic are negative. Seriously thinking about rescheduling on another ship. W

I've seen that inre to the weird BR and sink design and the not so opaque BR doors. What were they thinking??? thumbdown.gif. I want to shave, wash my face, etc. in the BR, not in the cabin. huh.gif. However I do like their idea about singles only cabins. Thats a cool idea. In any case i won't be on that ship unless I win a free trip on it.