• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Any new members want to introduce yourselves???

Rate this topic

With all the new members we've been getting , maybe some of you would like to introduce yourselves. We are a very friendly group and love new members. We have many members who are very experienced cruisers and are glad to answer any and all questions. So, just introduce yourselves and feel free to ask away.

I'm Cheryl and I live in So. Florida, about 20 minutes from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. We 've been on many cruises, all of them either with Carnival or Royal Caribbean. We are baby boomers and have recently become empty nesters, very happily. We've done a lot of 7 day cruises in the past but now we do the 3 or 4 day cruises.

Hoping that some of our new members will become regulars around here. The more the merrier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: I’m Anubis. Been oin a few cruises. Royal Carib,Oceania, Crystal, Cunard, P&O and more. We, my wife and I, a mature, but very young couple, will be sailing on Oceania’s Marina to Scandinavia and England on July 1. Love to hear from any who might be joining us.

Hi: I'm Anubis. Been oin a few cruises. Royal Carib,Oceania, Crystal, Cunard, P&O and more. We, my wife and I, a mature, but very young couple, will be sailing on Oceania's Marina to Scandinavia and England on July 1. Love to hear from any who might be joining us.

Welcome aboard Anubis! One day we would like to cruise with Oceania.

Glad this got bumped up.

We're Debbie and Jerry (actually it's all Debbie, but I do include Jerry when we cruise - ha!). We live in Tucson, AZ. Once we found cruises, we fell in love with them. They truly are our preferred vacation. We tried the condo rental at the beach about 12 years ago. Way too expensive and not nearly as fun!

Seems like our preference is the Caribbean. We'd love to go to Europe, Mid-East, Alaska and Australia/New Zealand but just can't seem to save the money (or forgo the vacations in order to save the money). We did a 5-day to the Pacific NW that we would love to repeat (Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle) but we haven't seen that itinerary either.

Our longest cruise has been 16 days (8 day back to back); with the majority being 10-14. We find that 7 days isn't enough. And, it cost us more to fly to Florida than it does the cruise so we might as well stay!

• 1 month later...

Hello all you Cruise Crazies,

Just joined today (May 22, 2011). I (we) love crusing. Been on 4 Cruises and # 5 comming up. The very first cruise was in 1998 our 25th Anniversary trip in the Gulf of Mexico. Number 2 was Alaska and #3 was back to the Gulf this time with my sibblings, and #4 back to Alaska. Number 4 to Alaska I was Group Leader of 25, we had a blast. My wife loved to cruise and she had anticipated the upcoming cruise however I lost her Christmas Eave (2010) so this time she won't be with me, but I'll be surrounded by her friends This time I'll have a smaller group of only 13 to the New England/Canada Coast, leaving Sept. 17th R/T from New York. I need to get serious about Hotels and sightseeing in New York, does anyone have any suggestions? We need two nights hotel (moderate price) transfers from the airport, sightseeing all day Friday and transfer to cruise terminal on Saturday morning.

Cruzngene51

Hello all you Cruise Crazies,

Just joined today (May 22, 2011). I (we) love crusing. Been on 4 Cruises and # 5 comming up. The very first cruise was in 1998 our 25th Anniversary trip in the Gulf of Mexico. Number 2 was Alaska and #3 was back to the Gulf this time with my sibblings, and #4 back to Alaska. Number 4 to Alaska I was Group Leader of 25, we had a blast. My wife loved to cruise and she had anticipated the upcoming cruise however I lost her Christmas Eave (2010) so this time she won't be with me, but I'll be surrounded by her friends This time I'll have a smaller group of only 13 to the New England/Canada Coast, leaving Sept. 17th R/T from New York. I need to get serious about Hotels and sightseeing in New York, does anyone have any suggestions? We need two nights hotel (moderate price) transfers from the airport, sightseeing all day Friday and transfer to cruise terminal on Saturday morning.

Cruzngene51

Welcome aboard Cruzngene51, glad you joined us here at CruiseCrazies. You'll find we are a very friendly, helpful bunch with lots of opinions, suggestions and general advice. I haven't been on New England/Canada yet but we are put of a group cruise that is departing 3 days before yours from Cape Liberty on the Explorer of the Seas. Really looking forward to this 1st time itinerary for us. We are still planning but we have some great private tours lined up already. We're called the Crazie Explorers and you'll find more info on the ports of call boards.

Again welcome and we hope you make Crazies your new home.

Hello,

My name is Bobbie. I will be going on my first cruise with my husband April 2012 on Freedom of the Seas. I am suprising him with an anniversary cruise. I can not wait!!!!

\

Hi Bobbie and welcome to the boards. Going on your 1st cruise is something special. I know that you'll love it. Please ask any questions you have. We love answering questions.

Bobbie, I admire your secret. I'd be busting at the seams and giving hints all the time. What a great gift. Glad you found us. Jump in and post.

Cruzngene, sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you continue to share your cruising memories with us. Jump in and post.