• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Need Advice from Princess Cruisers

Rate this topic

cruisetarp

Looking at Princess Caribbean for next year and have the choice of 3 ships in the time frame we are looking at.

Between the Crown - Grand or Emerald - which would you choose and why. Our only previous Princess cruise was on the Ruby and it was a great ship.

Our only Princess was on the Caribbean and it was great. If itineraries are the same, look at price. If price is the same, look at size of the ship.

We are looking at Caribbean and Ruby for November 2012 as possibilities.

I'm interested in what you decide on.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking at Princess Caribbean for next year and have the choice of 3 ships in the time frame we are looking at.

Between the Crown - Grand or Emerald - which would you choose and why. Our only previous Princess cruise was on the Ruby and it was a great ship.

I have been on all three ships but I reccomend trying the Grand, it is a little smaller but just went though an extensive dry-dock (videos on the Princess website were great) so it has some new features and should be rather clean and neat!!

We were looking Caribbean - but now Jim found a Panama Canal and wants to do that again. A lot will depend on whether we get a tenant or not. If our house is empty we will be in Florida and sail from there - if we get a tenant we will be in Pa. and are looking at the Silhouette from Cape Liberty. Looking for late January/early Feb. in any event.