• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

disembarkation one day early

Rate this topic

Ok first some background. I am currently scheduled to take the Oceania Nautica from Athens to Dubai. Nov 4 to 22. We had a RCL cruise set up but when they removed all of Egypt from the itinerary is defeated the reason to take the cruise. Oceania dropped Cairo but that is all. I am disappointed but think that I will be glad I made the switch to Oceania. Here is my problem. The Oceania cruise is one day longer than the RCL. I have airline flights and hotels already set up for Nov 22 in Paris. I do not want to change the rest of my travel plans if possible. We have been told we can get off the ship a day early in Dubai since it is there for two days anyway.

Here is the question. Has anyone had any experience getting off the ship early in Dubai. We are thinking of touring the area then returning to the ship, clean up, have dinner, then leave for the airport. We expect this to be about 9PM. Is there any problem getting the locals to let us off the ship? Nov 21, is a Monday in case that matters.

Congrats on your cruise. It sounds wonderful.

I cannot speak for Dubai. I can tell you that I have seen folks "come and go" when we have been to islands in the Caribbean and Hawaii.

Have you contacted the cruise line? If you booked through a travel agent, I would call the travel agent and ask him/her to connect you to the cruise line on a conference call. I would then ask for an email address and fax number and confirm in writing what was discussed/decided upon. I would ask for a return confirmation as well. That way you bring these documents with you on the ship.

You would need to remember to tell your stateroom attendant that you are leaving one day early so that he/she can provide you with the necessary debarkation documents.