• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What cabin do you prefer?

Rate this topic

• 7 months later...

Never had a suite. I'm sure I would love it.

We are truly balcony fans. But now that the ships don't allow smoking on the balconies (except for Holland America), I doubt we'll pay for a balcony all the time.

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, motherboarder said:

I'm an inside cabin gal.. living on social security it affords me the opportunity to cruise more often!! I turn my TV on the forward cam for my lil window to the world ?

Smart girl! A lot of savings can be had with an inside cabin. I made the mistake of cruising in a minisuite on my first cruise, and then an interior quad with our 2 daughters, which pretty much swore off inside cabins for us. However, we have actually booked interior cabins to start off, but then eventually upgraded ourselves when a good offer for a balcony came along.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:12 AM, Jan115 said:

Smart girl! A lot of savings can be had with an inside cabin. I made the mistake of cruising in a minisuite on my first cruise, and then an interior quad with our 2 daughters, which pretty much swore off inside cabins for us. However, we have actually booked interior cabins to start off, but then eventually upgraded ourselves when a good offer for a balcony came along.

I'm literally ONLY in my cabin to sleep and shower/change for dinner, events, etc.. if I want to enjoy my morning coffee while gazing at the calming view I'll go up to a high deck that is empty and/or quiet and sit outside :)

We are retired as well, but I'm afraid we are spoiled for balconies; I do spend a lot of time on it, though, so consider it worth it.  Having said that....if our supplemental income runs out....I would rather book an inside than not cruise at all.