• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Maiden Voyage?

Rate this topic

rogue

Who has been on any cruiseships Maiden Voyage? We have never beenon one. The closest cruise was the 3rd cruise on the Crown Princess. That cruise had minimal problems and was a great cruise. The crew seemed truly happy to be on a brand new ship. That ship has been my favorite since.

We have never been on one either Howard. I was always a little nervous about an inaugeral cruise thinking I should give them some time to work out the kinks. However, if some line would like to send me a ticket for one I'd be happy to report back to everyone. LOL

Actually, my biggest worry was that the ship would not be ready in time. These days, most ships are done earlier than scheduled, but I still had that always in the back of my mind.

We were on the inaugural cruise of the "Zenith." It turned out to be one of the very best cruises we have ever gone on...the food was truly gourmet back then, the service was wonderful, the entertainment fantastic...the ship even smelled new...we loved it. We were at the very aft of the ship in an inside room back then, but we were right by the door to an outside deck which most people didn't know exsisted so we were out there on our very own private deck for most of the cruise. Not sure I would do another inaugural after hearing some of the problems that people have had, but we really lucked out...we also had a fabulous price for the cruise, and got a small granite clock that has engraved on it: MV Zenith, 1992 Inaugural Season, X Celebrity Cruises.